- ANDY MARS
- Freelance Photographer (formerly specialized in weddings) Photo Artist, & Instructor. Currently Studio Artist at the Farmington Valley Arts Center located at 27 Arts Center Lane, Studio 1B, 2nd Floor in Avon, CT. Photographs events and teaches basic digital photography, iPhoneography, mixed media photography, & computer file organization & workflow.
- Lisette Modell Workshop at The New School
- Photoshop Workshop at the International Center of Photography
- 2015-To Present: Farmington Valley Arts Center Social Media Coordinator
- 2011-2014: Board Member of Professional Women Photographers (Outreach Director)
- 2007-2014: PWP Co-Chair, Community Service Committee 2009-2014 PWP Co-Chair, Mentoring Program
- 2010-2014: PWP Co-Chair, Student Exhibition Committee
- 2009-2014: PWP Technical Supervisor
- 2012-2014: PWP Social Media Coordinator
- 2011-2013: PDN Photo Expo Administrator For PWP
BS Photography, Brockport State College (Brockport, NY)
- ARTIST STATEMENT
- Andy Mars creates one-of-a-kind mixed-media artwork by integrating photography with watercolor and acrylic paints as well as pastel chalk & pencils. She prints on such materials as textured papers and canvas as well as traditional photographic paper. Andy’s main areas of focus are nature, people, animals, seascapes, & urban scenes. Her work has been exhibited at the Memorial Arts Museum in Rochester, NY, Manhattan & Connecticut galleries, & various Soho Gallery restaurants. She has been a juror for the artist community where she has her studio and juried art shows for the Connecticut Regional Scholastic Art Awards, local library photo exhibits, and Professional Women Photographers (PWP). In order to realize her commitment to “giving back” to the community, Andy has volunteered her services by initiating the community service committee for the Professional Women Photographers organization, winning the Volunteer Group of the Year Award from Women In Need (WIN) in June of 2010. She also provided pet and family portraits to raise money for the dogs who worked at the World Trade Center in the aftermath of 9/11. In June of 2009 Andy taught mixed media photo art workshops to cancer survivors for the Creative Center in NYC and a workshop titled "What Do All Those Buttons Do On Your Digital Camera" to Senior Citizens at the Council Senior Center. Also in June of 2009, Andy's photo was displayed at the Special Learning Leaders Event at The Metropolitan Museum of Art Great Hall. In September of 2009 Andy taught a pastel photo workshop at the B&H camera store and in February 2011 she taught a mixed media photo workshop at the Calumet camera store. In 2011 she became a pet photographer volunteer for Animal Care and Control of NYC. In September of 2013, Andy lectured on Workflow For Photographers at the Manhattan Miniature Camera Club. She also collaborates with Magnum Photographer, Eli Reed and Food Photographer Lou Manna who were both Olympus Visionaries.